The Midway congregation was organized on March 24, 1902, from part of the Tulpehocken congregation with 195 members. We met in two houses – Midway and Bucher Meeting House, and the Lebanon congregation.
Sunday school was organized at Midway in 1897. Lebanon became a congregation separate from Midway in 1933. The Midway church building was enlarged in 1951, in 1987, and again in 1995
The congregation planted a new fellowship (Cornerstone) in 1995. A Family Life Center was built in 2001 and a stage was added in 2013. The church was served by free ministers until 1963. At that time, L. John Weaver became the first pastor, proceeded by Hartman Rice in 1980; John Harpold in 1983; and Charles Ilyes in 2005. Carl L. Brubaker was Midway’s first Associate Pastor in 2007, proceeded by Kevin Zintak in 2011. Tim Sheaffer became Midway’s third Associate Pastor in 2016 after serving as Midway’s Pastor of Visitation & Christian Education in 2015.