In 2018, you are challenged to read through the Bible in one year. God’s Word is a big Book, and without a plan it can be easy to give up before you even get through Genesis. There are plans to help you read through the entire Bible in one year in just 20 minutes a day.
Some reading plans include:
1. Chronological Reading Plan
2. Beginning to End Reading Plan
3. Blended – Old and New Testament Plans everyday
Bible Gateway has reading plans or get a Bible app for your phone, which is perfect to have when you are always on the go! Reading plans can also be found at the Information Centers in the narthex and FLC lobby. Whatever your style, find your unique plan to help you read through the Bible in a year.
Tips on Reading the Bible Daily
1. Start reading the Bible today — there is no better time, and there’s no reason to wait.
2. Set aside a specific time each day. Set your schedule and then stick to it. Mornings are great, but feel free to use any time that works consistently for you.
3. Read the Bible for the sake of learning, not simply to accomplish your next reading. Say a short prayer to God before you begin, asking the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom and understanding, then be refreshed by the words you read!
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and FLC lobby for you to commit to reading your Bible in one year and staying accountable and stay on track.
Blessings to you on your Bible-reading journey! “If you continue in My Word . . . you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” – John 8:31-32
“Thy Word have I hid in mine heart…” – Psalm 119:11a